Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 15: Oregon Farms

Not many know this, but from age three until about five and a half, I lived on a farm in Sweet Home, Oregon. We had a cow, calf, horse, goat, chicken,s and a rabbit all housed in our own barn. We also had a pond with plenty of fish, huge frogs, surrounded by a massive garden, fruit trees, rolling hills, and blackberry bushes scattered among acres of green land.

I still hold fond memories of my time in Oregon and of farms in general. I guess it symbolizes simpler times, wholesome food, and a certain innocence. I also love farms for their perfect symmetry and lines within the crops and fences. An old weathered barn contains years of stories and character which represent hard work and dedication to a demanding life. Oregon has some beautiful farms.
(click on photos to enlarge)

No comments: