Saturday, May 8, 2010

Crater Lake, Oregon

Crater Lake is stunning!  The drive through the farm country, and then the winding road to the top is gorgeous and with snow piled higher than I've ever seen. All roads except one were closed. Upon arriving at the top, I was surprised to see the impressive beauty of the lake with its rich, blue color of water surrounded by the dark, textured rocks and cliffs, and the smooth-as-glass water surface reflecting it like a mirror. With clouds hanging low across the water in some areas, snow falling, and the vastness of the lake, it was impossible to get a good photo of the entire lake. I tried. One slip on the snow and I'd be plummeting down into the crater - not an activity I wanted to participate in. The snow silently fell all around as we watched with awe. This is one of God's finest creations. (click on photos to enlarge)

No comments: