Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Washington Coast & the Freaky Forest

I was surprised by the Washington coast. Much of it was too difficult to get close enough to see. I went through a forest that was the most bizarre thing. Though I found it to be intriguing, I actually did not like it. The trees were so odd, the ground so lushly covered with ferns and hostas and other rain forest plants, it made it difficult to walk at times. When I entered the forest, I was on a trail that wound around between the thick, oddly shaped trees. It's like walking into a science fiction movie set. I became disoriented and had a hard time finding my way out. There were also a lot of a creepy bugs. I'm not normally bothered by critters, but this place gave me the creeps. Give me normal trees: redwoods, ponderosas, aspens, and even palm trees as opposed to this forest.


No comments: