Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Port Angeles, Washington

I arrived in Port Angeles feeling exhausted and worn out, but with the encouragement from my lifelong buddy Chris Tabor, I decided to take a minute and check it out. I parked at the docks and stepped out. The first thing that hit me was the biting-cold air outside. When I looked up, I could see why. Facing me, was the awe-inspiring Olympic mountains with a bright, white, thick blanket of fresh snow. I pulled on a jacket and walked towards the water to see a bright blue color; a deeper, brighter shade of blue than the water I'd seen up to this point. The cool air blew across the water making it colder than it already was even though it was May. Port Angeles was stunning, and had I not been chasing the clock by trying to arrive at Seattle at precisely sunset, I would have stayed and explored. Maybe it was the brisk air, but I was certainly revived when I returned 15 minutes later to get back on the road. (click on photos to enlarge)



No comments: